Influenţa sistemelor de e-Learning în dezvoltarea carierei
specialiştilor în documentare
Unitatea Executivă pentru Finanțarea Învățământului Superior, a Cercetării, Dezvoltării și Inovării, București, România
doctorand la Universitatea “Lucian Blaga” din Sibiu
Institutul Național de Cercetare-Dezvoltare în Informatică, ICI București, România
Rezumat: În ziua de azi carierele sunt mai solicitante ca niciodată. Dezvoltarea profesională şi abilităţile de formare la locul de muncă fac parte din cariera majorităţii oamenilor. Există o mare tranziţie de la stilourile cu cerneală şi scrisul de mână la utilizarea internetului în predare, formare şi învăţare. Participarea la ore, învăţarea unor abilităţi noi în dezvoltarea carierei, o varietate de opţiuni pentru a obţine o instruire suplimentară sunt doar câteva dintre îmbunătăţirile pe care sistemele de e-Learning le aduc dezvoltării profesionale. Dar cum influenţează un sistem de e-Learning dezvoltarea profesională a unui specialist în tehnologia informaţiei şi documentare? Este o întrebare la care acest articol încearcă să dea un răspuns.
Cuvinte cheie: e-Learning, tehnologia informaţiei, documentare, carieră.
Introducere: Just  as the transition away from ink pens, slide rules and handwriting caused a change in behavior on our part, so does the use of the Web as a scholarly resource for information, teaching, training and learning. E-learning is a method of education used for web-based distance education, with no face-to-face interaction.
E-learning, an abbreviation of electronic learning indicates the provision of education and training on the Internet. Why the Internet? Because it offers many advantages compared to other learning mechanisms :
- Provides access to a large amount of information which was previously known only to individual specialists;
- Flexible, incorporating all kinds of multimedia: videos, images;
- Offers both synchronous and asynchronous modes of learning thus enabling a student to access information from anywhere and at any time.
According to the European Commission, e-learning is “The use of new multimedia technologies and the Internet to improve the quality of learning by facilitating access to resources and services as well as remote exchanges and collaboration.” 
A specialist in information technology and documentation is a person who assists and educates users of libraries and information, develops and manages library collections, applies management and leadership skills, conducts and analyzes research. This article tries to identify the improvements e-learning has on career development of specialists in information technology and documentation.
Concluzii: E-learning students are able to solve problems, reach decisions and integrate and connect new information better than traditional groups. E-learning enhances student motivation, self-efficacy, and group working skills and supports higher level thinking. It also enhances student ownership, increases higher order thinking and life skills and promotes group cohesiveness. All these advantages help future specialists in information technology and documentation in their future careers by developing specific skills:
- Basic knowledge of a personal computer (how to save and retrieve documents, how to navigate between folders, how to add a network drive, how to add printers, knowledge of different formats and ability to recognize virus files);
- Software knowledge (basic ability to understand operating system, ability to test&learn new software);
- Networking knowledge;
- Word processing and spreadsheets skills;
- Web navigation skills, including deep searching;
- File management and windows explorer skills, including storage devices.
In e-Learning process, the future libraries will play a role as active bridge between the learners and information, just as e-Learning will play a role as a bridge between students and careers. E-Learning provides the students opportunities to acquire education quickly and economically. For future specialists in information science and documentation e-learning has more advantages; in this environment students learn how to assist and show others their papers, manage courses, organize and represent information resources they used, apply early management and leadership skills in various projects, conduct and analyze research, use basic technical expertise, approach professional issues with understanding.
- SUDIP, RANJAN HATUA:Design for library and Information Science program in E-Learning Environment. DRTC – ICT Conference on Digital Learning Environment, 11th – 13th January 2006, Bangalore.
- *** Elearning tools for education: regulatory aspects, current applications in radiology and future prospects. Unita Operativa a Struttura Complessa di Radiologia Generale e di Pronto Soccorso, Dipartimento di Diagnostica per Immagini, Azienza Ospedaliera si Rilievo Nazionale, A. Carderelli, Napoli, Italy.
- See glossary in the portal www.elearningeuropa.info
- *** Is e-learning improvind employability of European citizens? The second helios seminar, Helsinki, 21 June 2005 http://thor.lrf.gr/helios/reports/HELIOS%20thematic%20report-Employability.pdf
- *** Joint Statement by European Commissioners Viviane Reding, Information Society and Media, and Ján Figel’, Education, Training, Culture and Multilingualism
- VATNAL, R.; MATHAPATI, G. C.; PRAKASH, K.:Developing Library and Information Services for E-Learning Environment http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:XmiOObBIw7QJ:shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/dxml/bitstream/handle/1944/364/04cali_56.pdf%3Fsequence%3D1+Specialist+in+Library+and+Information+elearning&hl=ro&gl=ro&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjQEOsh7UhDXKdvtw6vOAD_p1E0ex1kpNnzMHlIdwWk9My4KNVn6ylrbJbLSPb1cX-Zl6pAGC8poad8VL_QlruI7Jg2_TC1kP-8B9GAduPZ1GHEuSJmmhfHh4QKE0MovZ0yJR92&sig=AHIEtbS8Q1NAmE2woGwGuRKEeRVsHRvBHw
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.