Un studiu de caz privind implementarea GDSS în organizaţii
academice şi industriale
Radu Vasile Pascu
Liliana Georgeta Popescu
Mihai Victor Zerbeş
Universitatea “Lucian Blaga” din Sibiu, Facultatea de Inginerie, Sibiu, România
Rezumat: Ideea de a construi un sistem suport pentru decizii de grup (GDSS) cu scopul de a sprijini luarea deciziilor eficiente şi prompte la toate nivelele ierarhice într-o organizaţie a apărut în anii 70. Principalul avantaj al folosirii unui GDSS s-a dovedit a fi, de-a lungul anilor, o mai bună înţelegere a procesului decizional prin implicarea tuturor factorilor de decizie în toate fazele problemei de la apariţie până la rezolvare şi interpretare. Cu timpul, GDSS a transformat activităţile de colaborare într-un avantaj competitiv pentru toţi actorii implicaţi: administraţie publică, mediul academic şi companii, contribuind la creşterea competitivităţii într-o vreme când cooperarea între diferite organizaţii şi autoadministrarea joacă un rol cheie în economia globală. În această lucrare, sunt prezentate şi analizate trei sisteme GDSS dezvoltate şi implementate prin proiecte de cercetare la Universitatea ”Lucian Blaga” din Sibiu (ULBS) şi la alte companii cu profil industrial; de asemenea, se vor face şi recomandări cu privire la dezvoltarea altor sisteme suport pentru decizii de grup pentru diferite nevoi.
Cuvinte cheie: GDSS, platforme online, e-learning
Introducere: The computers can create virtual spaces that are used in an innovative manner: spaces for training, information, communication, collaboration, exploration, documentation, multimedia, word processing, illustration, simulation and virtual reality spaces.
The dynamics of the economic life and the informational explosion made it a necessary to use the various GDSS. The e-platforms for management represent today the indispensable instruments for the modern manager in spite of the limitations imposed by the impossibility to use the computers to reproduce exactly the human reasoning.
The most usual decisional activities, the large amount of the information needed for the decisional process together with the search and retrieval techniques for the required information are taken by these systems
The continuous improvement of GDSS doubled by the computers performance improvement offer more options for taking over of some of the increasingly comprehensive segments of the reasoning activities of the human decider.
A GDSS is an interactive computer system that facilitates the resolution of the unstructured problems through a group of people dealing with taking of the decisions.
The components of a GDSS include the physical support (hardware), a set of applicative programs (software), participants and procedures.
These components are made to sustain the decision making process. Assisting the decisions can be realized at management levels from the operational management to the top management, both individual and workgroup. 
We can define in this context some aspects regarding the functional characteristics for the GDSS :
- GDSS assists the decision combining knowledge and human intuition with informatics.
- GDSS can assist more interdependent and/or sequential decisions, taking into account that in practice the most decisions are interrelated;
- GDSS sustains all the decisional process phases and can be adapted to the various decisional styles;
- GDSS is adaptable in time. The decider must have a reactive behaviour in using the e-platform, to refer the variation of the conditions and to adapt accordingly the system;
- GDSS promotes the learning and accumulation of new knowledge. This aspect leads to the new requirements and to the refinement of the system;
- GDSS is based on the standard models or on the models defined by the users. The shaping capacities of the system favours the experimentations in the context of several configurations;
- GDSS includes various analysing categories going up to the elaboration and selection of the scenarios;
- GDSS is an informational system created specials to support the group dealing with decisions. Therefore, GDSS must improve the decision making process or the group results;
- GDSS is easy to learn and to use. The users have the various knowledge levels regarding the computers and the decision support;
- GDSS can be created for a sole issue or for a many decisions at the level of organization of the group;
- GDSS is created to encourage activities such as: generating ideas, conflicts solving and freedom of expression;
- GDSS contains own mechanisms to prevent the development of a negative group behaviour such as destructive conflicts, lack of communication etc.
Concluzii: A – eResearch Platform
In order to achieve a fair and an effective planning of a project within a virtual research centre it is necessary to have the following databases:
- The database that contains general engineering knowledge (primary and specialty) and liaise with experts in the field;
- The database with information on staff (qualified people, location, contact address, scientific skills, managerial skills, labour costs);
- The data base which includes laboratories and opportunities available to investigate, research, experiment, and model in these laboratories;
- The database on equipment, licensing, precision level, input parameters, output parameters, user training required, running costs, consumables: (characteristics, quantity, unit price);
- The database which contains the existing software.
This information will be used to complete each activity needs of the research projects to be carried out based on the methodology of project management.
B – iDDesign Platform
The degree of applicability is very large because the theme addressed is seen as fundamental to the national and international level.
The main categories of beneficiaries are: industrial organisation, design companies, manufacturers, research companies, universities, SME.
In this project taking some case studies for the applications presented and conducted in the master programs: (“Industrial Management”, “Quality Management”, “Manufacturing Management”, “Computer Aided Design and Manufacture”) is envisaged.
C – eEduQuality
Implementing e-learning systems leads to an improvement of the quality both for the academic management and academic education by:
- Reducing the technical and performance gap between the academic institutions;
- Facilitating knowledge and applying the national and international standards in quality management field for the academic organisation;
- The equal participation at the informational society for all the actors involved in the educational process;
- Dissemination and provision to the academic and scientific community of the results of the research;
- Creating a favourable environment by crystallisation of a “knowledge sharing” culture, to a tacit transfer of knowledge.
The above presented GDSS combines the advantages of adopting decisions at the organizational level with the benefits related to shortening the time necessary to take such decisions.
The applicative research conducted in order to develop and to implement the presented platforms is found at the boundary between infrastructure and services.
The use of these platforms facilitates the electronic activities such as: e-Business, e-Commerce, e-Manufacturing, e-Government, e-Health end e-Learning.
The authors would like to acknowledge the support of the project PN2 – SEARCH – 12080/2008.
- KIFOR, C.V.; OPREAN, C.; BANCIU, D. M.: Intelligent system for assisting decisions in advanced product and process planning and design. Studies in informatics and control, ISSN 1220 – 1766, Volume 18, Issue 3, 2009, pp. 247–254.
- PAH, I.; OPREAN, C.; MOISIL, I.; KIFOR, C.V.:Technology to support education software for quality assurance in e-learning. International Journal of Communication, Computer and Control, ISSN 1841 – 9836, 2008, pp. 433–436.
- OPREAN, C.; KIFOR, C. V.; NEGULESCU, S. C.; BARBAT, E.:Paradigm shift in engineering education. More time is needed. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2(2), p. 3580-3585, Innovation and Creativity in Education, 2010
- NEGULESCU, S.; KIFOR, C. V.; LOBONŢ, L.: Facing the interface in e-learning. Proceedings of 6th International Seminar on Quality Management in Higher Education, July 8th – 9th, 2010, Tulcea, Romania, ISBN 978–973–662–566–4, 2010, pp. 499–502.
- OPREAN, C.; NEGULESCU, S. C.; KIFOR, C. V.; BARBAT, B. E.; ZERBES, V.: Knowledge-Based Approach to Affordable Technological Innovation. Proceedings of The 6th International Conference on: Management of Technological Changes, ISBN 978-960-89832-6-7, Alexandroupolis, Greece, September 2009, pp. 161–164.
- OPREAN, C.; LOBONŢ, L.; KIFOR, C. V.; NEGULESCU, S. C.: How to integrate Knowledge and Quality in Higher Education Systems. Proceedings of the 3rd North East Asia International conference on Engineering and technology education, Taichung, Taiwan, 2008, pp. 193–200.
- KIFOR, C. V.; OPREAN, C.; NEGULESCU, S. C.; LOBONŢ, L.: Decision Support System for Quality Assurance in Higher Education. Proceedings of the 3rd North East Asia International conference on Engineering and technology education, Taichung, Taiwan, 2008, pp. 201-208.
- POPESCU, L. G.; BRÎNDAŞU, P. D.; BEJU, L. D.: Development of an e-Research Platform. Academic Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, ISSN 1583-7904, Volume 9, Issue 2, Timişoara, România, 2011, pp. 91-96.
- ***, Sistem de suport al deciziilor de grup în mediul academic şi al administraţiei publice – premisă a descentralizării şi democratizării sistemului decisional. Raport de cercetare, Contract nr. 23CeexI03/2005, http://www.cedc.ro/media/eCollaborativeDecision/ rapoarte/rez1.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.