Using Multi-agent Systems in a Cloud Infrastructure
for the Development of Learning Management System
Abstract: In this article are presented the concepts used in the “Perceptual modeling and mechanisms for generating actions in the development of autonomous agents” project from TEHSIN core program. Among the concepts used, we mention: collaborative e-learning, the most important Learning Management System – LMS, Multi-Agent Systems and cloud computing. The main purpose of this paper is to exploit the potential of Multi-Agent Systems and cloud computing to improve the e-learning system. An e-learning architecture has been proposed to combine the advantages of LMS, Multi-Agent Systems and cloud computing.
Keywords: e-learning, LMS, multi-agents system, intelligent agents, cloud computing.
CITE THIS PAPER AS:
Ovidiu BICA, Eugenia TÎRZIU, Using Multi-agent Systems in a Cloud Infrastructure for the Development of Learning Management System, Romanian Journal of Information Technology and Automatic Control, ISSN 1220-1758, vol. 27(4), pp. 15-24, 2017.
- ABDERRAHIM EL MHOUTI, AZEDDINE NASSEH, MOHAMED ERRADI, JOSE MARFA VASQUÈZ: Using Cloud Computing and a Multi-agents System to Improve Collaborative e-learning in LMS. IEEE 11th International Conference, 2016.
- BOTSIOS, S.; GEORGIOU, D.; CONTRI, S. N.: Learning Style Estimation. Educational Technology & Society, 11 (2), Adaptive Educational Hypermedia Systems via on-line, 322-339.
- FITRE, A.; BRATU, C. V.; CĂLIN, C.: Researching the Psychology of Cognitive Style and Learning Style: Is There Really A Future. Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing, IEEE 5th International Conference, 2009, 27-29, 35-38.
- MAES, P.: Intelligent Software, Scientific American 273 (3), (1995a), September.
- MAES, P.: Artificial Intelligence Meets Entertainment: Life Like Autonomous Agents. Communications of the ACM 38 (11), November, (1995b), pp. 108-114.
- RUSSELL, S.; Norvig, P.: Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1995.
- SHUTE, V.; TOWLE, B.: Adaptive E-Learning, Educational Psychologist, 38(2), 2003, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc., pp. 105–114.
- SURJONO, H.: The Development of an Adaptive E-Learning System Based on the E-Learning Style Diversity of Visual-Auditory- Kinesthetic. The International Seminar on ICT for Education, Yogyakarta State University, Indonesia, 2009, 13 – 14 February.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.