Cloud Residing Versioning Services With NoSQL Database Support
Ion Alexandru MARINESCU
National Institute for Research & Development in Informatics – ICI Bucharest
Abstract: This paper focuses on studying the development of an integrated versioning system for the source files used in the software project development. The server component is a .net Web service, powered by a NoSQL Type Database Management System. All functional and data resources are resident on a Cloud platform. Choosing this solution (NoSQL in conjunction with Cloud technology) provides a great boost in speed, necessary as this type of application is subject to a high density of requests, more-over so when operations like file uploads, file parsing, file content comparisons and file downloads occur at a constantly increasing rate .
Keywords: Open Source code repository, NoSQL Databases, Cloud Computing, access to Internet.
CITE THIS PAPER AS:
Dragoş NICOLAU, Mihaela TOMESCU, Daniel SAVU, Ion Alexandru MARINESCU, Cloud Residing Versioning Services With NoSQL Database Support, Romanian Journal of Information Technology and Automatic Control, ISSN 1220-1758, vol. 27(3), pp. 47-58, 2017.
- *** – NoSQL Databases; http://nosql-database.org/
- *** – Semantic Versioning. http://semver.org.
- *** – Software Versioning. https://technick.net/guides/software/software_versioning/.
- NIST- The Definition of Cloud Computing (Sept. 2011); Special Publication,
- Preston-Werner, Tom: Semantic Versioning 2.0.0. Creative Commons, 2013. http://semver.org/spec/v2.0.0.html.
- Shalom, N.: The Common Principles Behind The NoSQL Alternatives, December 2009; Blog post of 2009-12-15. http://natishalom.typepad.com/nati_shaloms_blog/2009/12/the-common-principlesbehind-the-nosql-alternatives.html.
- Welsh, M.; Culler, D.; Brewer, E.: An architecture for well conditioned, scalable internet services; Proceedings of the eighteenth ACM Symposium on Operating System s Principles. New York, NY, USA. ACM, 2001 (SOSP ’01),
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.