E-Learning Systems Evolution and Cloud Computing
National Institute for Research & Development of Informatics – ICI Bucharest
Abstract: The paper presents the evolution of e-learning systems, the impact that they have had over the years and current trends, how advanced technologies entered the field of education. Software and hardware resources in increasingly more advanced were and are used for the courses and teaching materials with rich educational content. It highlights the diverse use of IT means to support and develop learning and evaluation process. The migration of e-learning to the cloud, to use resources that are delivered as a service through Internet is the future for e-learning systems because it provides many technical, functional and financial advantages. Of course, disadvantages of this phenomenon were underlined, but information society progress requires consideration of this development opportunity.
Keywords: lifelong learning, Internet, e-learning, cloud computing, services.
- ANSHARI, M.; ALAS, Y.; GUAN, L.S.: Developing online learning resources: Big data, social networks, and cloud computing to support pervasive knowledge. Education and Information Technologies 6, (2016), pp. 1663-1677.
- BOSAMIA, M.; PATEL, A.: An overview of cloud computing for
e-learning with its key benefits. Internat. Journal of Information 1/2, (2016).
- KARIM, F.; GOODWIN, R.: Using Cloud Computing in E-learning Systems. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science & Technology (IJARCST), Vol. 1 Issue 1, ISSN : 2347 – 8446 (Online), ISSN : 2347 – 9817 (Print), Oct-Dec (2013), pp. 65-69.
- LAW, M.: Cloud Computing Basics. 2011: Hillcrest Media Group, Inc.
- LIU, C.-H.: The comparison of learning effectiveness between traditional face-to-face learning and e-learning among goal oriented users. 6th International Conference on Digital Content, Multimedia Technology and its Appl. (IDC), 2010.
- LIEBOWITZ, J.; FRANK, M.: Knowledge management and e-learning. Auerbach Publications, 2010.
- RESTEANU, C.; MITAN, E.: Generator de cursuri electronice pentru pregătirea continuă a managerilor întreprinderilor mici şi mijlocii. Revista Română de Informatică şi Automatică, vol. 22, nr. 3, București, România, ISSN: 1220-1758, ISSN: 1841–4303, 2012, pp. 55-66.
- SUICIMEZOV, N.: Cloud computing – An innovative solution for e-learning platforms. The 11th International Scientific Conference eLearning and Software for Education, Bucharest, April 23-24, 10.12753 / 2066-026X-15-018, 2015,
- RIAHI, G.: e-learning systems based on Cloud Computing; a review. International Conference on Software Computing and Software Engineering. SCSE 2015, Procedia Computer Science, 62(2015), 352-359.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.