Student-centered Education ADL and Serious Games
Applied to Military Environment
Education Department Advanced Distributed
National Defence University “Carol I”, Bucharest, Romania
Abstract: Education and distance learning provides maximum flexibility for exceptional results but it takes self-discipline, self-taught and motivated learners. In the military, more important than passion and curiosity, is the need to learn the rules of the game, which means the task of training, which can make the difference between living to die or to survive and accomplish the mission on the battlefield. Students who attend distance learning courses develop their independence and self-study, which is an important advantage for the next stages of life.
Keywords: advanced distributed learning, serious games, elearning.
- Roceanu, I.: – idem ibidem
- *** Învăţământ Distribuit Avansat la Distanţă – Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL).
- Prensky, M.: Digital Game-based Learning. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- Friedman, T. L.: The World is Flat: a Brief History of the Twenty-first Century, New York: Picador/Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2007.
- *** Serious Games in Defence Education – A Report into the Potential Educational Benefits Of the Use of Computer-Based Games Technologies and Techniques within the Context of Higher Education Delivery at the Defence College of Mangement and Technology, Crown, Uk Mod, 200
- Marlow, C.: Games and Learning in Landscape Architecture, 2009.
- Sawyer, B.; Smith, P.: Taxonomy for Serious Games, Digitalmil, Inc& Serious Games Initiative/ of Central Florida, RETRO Lab.
- de Freitas,Sara: Learning in Immersive Worlds: a Review of Game-based Learning, 200
- Susi, T. ş.a.: Serious Games – An overview. Technical Report HS- IKI -TR-07-001, School of Humanities and Informatics, University of Skövde, Sweden, 2007.
- Beligan, D. ş.a.: Trends for Developing Serious Games as a Complementary Solution to Traditional Education and Training, eLSE Conference, 2012.
- Marsh,: Actiyity-Based Scenario Design, Development, and Assessment, IGI Global, 2010.
- Lainema, T.; Saarinen,: Explaining the Education Power of Games, IGI Global, 2010.
- Aldrich, : The Complete Guide to Simulations and Serious Games, Pfeiffer, 2009.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.