Influence of e-Learning Systems in Career Development
of Documentary Professionals
Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding, PhD student at Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Bucharest, România
National Institute for R&D in Informatics, Bucharest, România
Abstract: Today’s careers are more demanding than ever. Professional development and job skills training have become a normal part of most people’s careers. There is a big transition from ink pens and handwriting to the use of Web in teaching, training and learning. Taking classes, learning new skills in career development, the variety of options to get additional training are just some of the improvements e-learning has on professional development. But how does e-learning influence the professional development of a specialist in information technology and documentation? This is the question this article tries to answer.
Keywords: e-Learning, information technology, documentation, career.
- SUDIP, RANJAN HATUA:Design for library and Information Science program in E-Learning Environment. DRTC – ICT Conference on Digital Learning Environment, 11th – 13th January 2006, Bangalore.
- *** Elearning tools for education: regulatory aspects, current applications in radiology and future prospects. Unita Operativa a Struttura Complessa di Radiologia Generale e di Pronto Soccorso, Dipartimento di Diagnostica per Immagini, Azienza Ospedaliera si Rilievo Nazionale, A. Carderelli, Napoli, Italy.
- See glossary in the portal www.elearningeuropa.info
- *** Is e-learning improvind employability of European citizens? The second helios seminar, Helsinki, 21 June 2005 http://thor.lrf.gr/helios/reports/HELIOS%20thematic%20report-Employability.pdf
- *** Joint Statement by European Commissioners Viviane Reding, Information Society and Media, and Ján Figel’, Education, Training, Culture and Multilingualism
- VATNAL, R.; MATHAPATI, G. C.; PRAKASH, K.:Developing Library and Information Services for E-Learning Environment http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:XmiOObBIw7QJ:shodhganga.inflibnet.ac.in/dxml/bitstream/handle/1944/364/04cali_56.pdf%3Fsequence%3D1+Specialist+in+Library+and+Information+elearning&hl=ro&gl=ro&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjQEOsh7UhDXKdvtw6vOAD_p1E0ex1kpNnzMHlIdwWk9My4KNVn6ylrbJbLSPb1cX-Zl6pAGC8poad8VL_QlruI7Jg2_TC1kP-8B9GAduPZ1GHEuSJmmhfHh4QKE0MovZ0yJR92&sig=AHIEtbS8Q1NAmE2woGwGuRKEeRVsHRvBHw
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.