A case study regarding the implementation of the GDSS in academic and
Radu Vasile Pascu
Liliana Georgeta Popescu
Mihai Victor Zerbeş
“Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu, Engineering Faculty, Sibiu, România
Abstract: The idea to build a Group Decision Support System (GDSS) to support the decision makers at all the hierarchic levels in an organization to take the decisions efficiently and just in time appeared in the ’70. The main advantage of using a GDSS proved to be, over the years, a better understanding of the decision process through the involvement of all the decision makers in all the phases of the decisional issue from statement to solving and interpretation. With time, GDSS turned the collaboration activities into a competitive advantage for all the actors involved: public administration, academic environment and enterprises, contributing to a higher competitiveness in a time when the cooperation between the various organizations and the self-administration plays a key role in a global economy. In this paper, 3 GDSS’s developed in research projects and implemented in LBUS (Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu) and other industrial companies are presented and analysed; we come also with recommendations on developing further GDSS for different needs.
Keywords: GDSS, e-platforms, e-learning
- KIFOR, C.V.; OPREAN, C.; BANCIU, D. M.: Intelligent system for assisting decisions in advanced product and process planning and design. Studies in informatics and control, ISSN 1220 – 1766, Volume 18, Issue 3, 2009, pp. 247–254.
- PAH, I.; OPREAN, C.; MOISIL, I.; KIFOR, C.V.:Technology to support education software for quality assurance in e-learning. International Journal of Communication, Computer and Control, ISSN 1841 – 9836, 2008, pp. 433–436.
- OPREAN, C.; KIFOR, C. V.; NEGULESCU, S. C.; BARBAT, E.:Paradigm shift in engineering education. More time is needed. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2(2), p. 3580-3585, Innovation and Creativity in Education, 2010
- NEGULESCU, S.; KIFOR, C. V.; LOBONŢ, L.: Facing the interface in e-learning. Proceedings of 6th International Seminar on Quality Management in Higher Education, July 8th – 9th, 2010, Tulcea, Romania, ISBN 978–973–662–566–4, 2010, pp. 499–502.
- OPREAN, C.; NEGULESCU, S. C.; KIFOR, C. V.; BARBAT, B. E.; ZERBES, V.: Knowledge-Based Approach to Affordable Technological Innovation. Proceedings of The 6th International Conference on: Management of Technological Changes, ISBN 978-960-89832-6-7, Alexandroupolis, Greece, September 2009, pp. 161–164.
- OPREAN, C.; LOBONŢ, L.; KIFOR, C. V.; NEGULESCU, S. C.: How to integrate Knowledge and Quality in Higher Education Systems. Proceedings of the 3rd North East Asia International conference on Engineering and technology education, Taichung, Taiwan, 2008, pp. 193–200.
- KIFOR, C. V.; OPREAN, C.; NEGULESCU, S. C.; LOBONŢ, L.: Decision Support System for Quality Assurance in Higher Education. Proceedings of the 3rd North East Asia International conference on Engineering and technology education, Taichung, Taiwan, 2008, pp. 201-208.
- POPESCU, L. G.; BRÎNDAŞU, P. D.; BEJU, L. D.: Development of an e-Research Platform. Academic Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, ISSN 1583-7904, Volume 9, Issue 2, Timişoara, România, 2011, pp. 91-96.
- ***, Sistem de suport al deciziilor de grup în mediul academic şi al administraţiei publice – premisă a descentralizării şi democratizării sistemului decisional. Raport de cercetare, Contract nr. 23CeexI03/2005, http://www.cedc.ro/media/eCollaborativeDecision/ rapoarte/rez1.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.