Real-Time System for Efficient Production of Electricity and Heat in
Cogeneration Power Plants
Commercial Society for Research, Design and Production of Equipment and Automation Installations – SC IPA SA
National Institute for Research & Development of Informatics – ICI Bucharest
Abstract: The concept of co-generation means the combined production of electrical energy and of thermal energy based on the same primary energy source. The thermal energy can be used for heating, or for cooling. The real-time process control system, based on a modern architecture of software tools, is composed by classical algorithms running on a network of PLC-s and controlling algorithms implemented în a process computer. Some of them are typical numerical algorithms, and the others are adaptive control algorithms.
The purpose of the automatic control of the entire co-generative power plant is the optimization of the co-generative electrical energy provided in the national energy system and the thermal energy provided to the consumers.
Keywords: Electric power systems, real time systems, process control, optimization, control of distributed parameter systems, simulation, co-generative gas power plant.
- MICIU, I.; HĂRŢESCU FL. Proiect PN II, Sistem integrat de conducere în timp real a producerii eficiente a energiei electrice şi termice în centrale cogenerative pe gaz, 2010.
- EREMIA, M. Electric Power Systems. Editura Academiei Române, Bucureşti, 2006.
- EREMIA, M.; TRECAT J.; GERMOND A. Reseaux electriques. Aspects actuels. Editura Tehnică, Bucureşti, 2000.
- EREMIA, M.; PASERBA J.; LIU C. C. (Eds.). Electric Power Systems. Vol. III, Advanced techniques and Technologies în power systems: FACTS and I. A. Editura Academiei Române, Bucureşti, 2009.
- CHINDRIS. Reducerea poluării armonice a reţelelor electrice industriale.
- EREMIA, M.; Song Y. H.; Hatziargyriou N. Electric Power Systems. Vol. I. Electric Networks, Editura Academiei Române, 2006.
- EREMIA, M.; CRISCIU M.; UNGUREANU B.; BULAC C. Analiza asistată pe calculator a regimurilor sistemelor electroenergetice. Editura Tehnică, Bucureşti, 1985.
- VETTER, M.; WITTWER C. Model-based development of controller strategies for domestic fuel cell cogeneration plants.
- MANOLAS, D. A.; FRANGOPOULOS C. A.; GIALAMAS T. P.; TSAHALIS D. T. Operation optimization of an industrial cogeneration system by a genetic algorithm.
- MASAHIDE, Y.; TSUNEO U.; JUN’ICHI Y.; KASUMASA S. Optimal design of cogeneration systems by using hamiltonian algorithm.
- AZIT, A. H.; NOR K. M. Optimal Design of a Cogeneration System for Typical Hospitals în Malaysia.
- ITO, K.; YOKOYAMA R., et. al. Optimal Operation of a Cogeneration Plant in Combination with Electric Heat Pumps.
- KITAGAWA, S.; NAKAZAWA C.; FUKUYAMA Y. Particle Swarm Optimization for Optimal Operational Planning of a Cogeneration System.
- HORI, S.; ITO K.; PAK P. S.; SUZUKI Y. Optimal planning of gas turbine co-generation plants based on mixed-integer linear programming.
- YOKOYAMA, R.; ITO K. Optimal Design of Gas Turbine Cogeneration Plants in Consideration of Discreteness of Equipment Capabilities.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.