Modeling and Simulation of a System Tanks Used to pH Neutralization of
Delia Mihaela Rădulescu
Universitaty Politehnica of Bucharest
Abstract: The article describes a model of the process of pH neutralization tank reactors with continuous agitation. It presents a brief history of process modeling, schematic diagram of the process of pH neutralization and the process model. The process model is then built and resolved in Simulink /Matlab.
Keywords: Modeling, Simulation, pH neutralization, Reactor
- GUSTAFSSON, T. K.; K. V. WALLER. Dynamic modeling and reaction invariant control of pH, Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 38, No. 3, 1983, pp. 389-398.
- GUSTAFSSON, T. K. Calculation of the pH value of a mixture solutions – an illustration of the use of chemical reaction invariants, Chemical Engineering Science, Vol. 37, No. 9, 1982, pp. 1419-1421.
- HENSON, M. A.; D. E. SEBORG. Adaptive nonlinear control of a pH neutralization process, Control Systems Technology, IEEE Transactions, Vol. 2, No. 3, 1994, pp. 169-182.
- KELKAR, B.; B. POSTLETHWAITE. Fuzzy-model based pH control, IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, Vol. 1, 1994, pp. 661-666.
- MCAVOY, T. J.; E. HSU; S. LOWENTHALS. Dynamics of pH in controlled stirred tank reactor, Eng. Chem. Process Des Develop, Vol. 11, No. 1, 1972, pp. 68-78.
- MWEMBESHI, M. M.; C. A. KENT; S. SALHI. An approach to robust and flexible modelling and control of pH in reactors, Chemical Engineering Research and Design, Vol. 79, No. 3, 2001, pp. 323-334.
- MWEMBESHI, M. M.; C. A. KENT; S. Flexible on-line Modeling and Control of pH in Waste Neutralization Reactors, Chemical Engineering & Technology, Volume 27, Issue 2, 2004, pp. 130-138.
- NIE, J.; A. P. LOH; C. C. HANG. Modeling pH neutralization processes using fuzzy-neural approaches, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol. 78, No. 1, 1996, pp. 5-22.
- SHINSKEY, F. G. pH and pIon Control in Process and Waste Streams, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1973.
- WRIGHT, R. A.; C. KRAVARIS. Nonlinear control of pH processes using the strong acid equivalent, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, Vol. 30, No. 7, 1991, pp. 1561-1572.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.