SECURITY STRATEGIES AND TECHNICAL STANDARDS IN INCIDENT MANAGEMENT
Dragoş Cătălin Barbu
National Institute for Research & Development in Informatics, ICI Bucharest
Abstract: At European Union level, there are many interventions underway in order to adopt a common European strategy for cyber-security that would bring to a common base the efforts of all Member States in dealing with security challenges related to cyber-space and protection of critical infrastructures. It is very important to notice the fact that damages implied on systems specific to critical infrastructures can produce chain-reactions, due to their strategic role in the social and economic areas that would potentially have a harmful impact on the entire society. Understanding the effects and the strategic inter-connections is essential when deciding on the response measures and policies.
Keywords: security, incidents, cyber security, resilience, critical infrastructures.
- CAVALLINI, S.; D’ALESSANDRO, C.; VOLPE, M.; ARMENIA, S.; CARLINI, C.; BREIN, E.; ş.a: A System Dynamics Framework For Modeling Critical Infrastructure Resilience. În I. I. 2014, Critical Infrastructure Protection VIII (pp. 141-154). J. Butts and S. Shenoi (Eds.): Critical Infrastructure Protection VIII, IFIP AICT 441.
- CHEREPANOV, A.: BlackEnergy by the SSHBearDoor: attacks against Ukrainian news media and electric industry. Bratislava, 2016, Slovakia: http://www.welivesecurity.com/2016/ 01/03/blackenergy-sshbeardoor-details-2015-attacks-ukrainian-news-media-electric-industry.
- Europene, C. U.: Directiva 2008/114/CE privind identificarea şi desemnarea infrastructurilor critice europene şi evaluarea necesităţii de îmbunătăţire a protecţiei acestora. 2008, Jurnalul Oficial al Uniunii Europene.
- FISHER, R.; BASSETT, G.; BUEHRING, W.; COLLINS, M.; DICKINSON, D.E. ş.a.: Constructing a Resilience Index for the Enhanced Critical Infrastructure Protection Program. Chicago: Argonne National Laboratory, Decision and Information Sciences Division, 2010.
- FRANCIS, R.; BEKERA, B.: A metric and frameworks for resilience analysis of engineered and infrastructure systems. Reliability Engineering and System Safety 121, 2014, pp. 90-103.
- HAGEROTT, M.: Stuxnet and the vital role of critical infrastructure operators and engineers. International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection, vol. 7(4), 2014, pp. 244-246.
- HOLLING, C. S.: Resilience and Stability of Ecological Systems. Institute of Resource Ecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, 1973.
- MACKENZIE, H.: How Dragonfly Hackers and RAT Malware Threaten ICS Security. Belden, Indianapolis, Indiana: Industrial Security Blog, 2014.
- MCEER, M. C.: Engineering Resilience Solutions. University of Buffallo, 2008. NIAC: A Framework for Establishing Critical Infrastructure Resilience Goals. National Infrastructure Advisory Council, 2010.
- Team, s. A.: sKyWIper (a.k.a. Flame a.k.a. Flamer): A complex malware for targeted attacks. Budapest, Hungary: Laboratory of Cryptography and System Security (CrySyS Lab), 2012.
- ZOBEL, C. W.: Representing perceived tradeoffs in defining disaster resilience. Decision Support Systems, 2011, pp. 394-403.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.