Modernization of the National Software Library System using Oracle APEX Environment
Ion Alexandru MARINESCU
Institutul Naţional de Cercetare – Dezvoltare în Informatică, ICI Bucureşti
Abstract: The paper proposed for publication presents the modernized system of the National Software Library (NSL). The objective was to facilitate the information of the public administration, business environment, software producers and other categories of interested users, on the available software, resulting in diminishing the acquisition and operating costs, increasing the interoperability of information systems in public administration and stimulating the competitiveness of producers / suppliers of software. The system redesigning was achieved using HTML5 and Web 2.0 standards provided by Oracle APEX. Thus, advanced content management features have been included to integrate, into a unified structure, new tools support for importing, storing, tracking, and publishing content in accordance with the specific rights granted to the users. Modernized NSL system provides two service categories: Web services and administration services.
Keywords: NSL, digital content, content management, APEX, software, Web services.
- BĂJENARU, L., BALOG, A., PAVEL, O, MARINESCU, I. A., TOMESCU, M., SAVU, D.: Proiectarea, realizarea şi testarea aplicaţiei BNP modernizată realizată în cadrul proiectului. Proiect PN 09 23 05 08 EXTINS: Modernizarea sistemului Bibliotecii Naţionale de Programe (BNP) prin aducerea unei contribuţii în domeniul managementului de conţinut digital – EXTINS, 2015.
- BOIKO, B.: Content Management Bible, pp. 100-157, Wiley Publishing, 2005.
- ORACLE.COM: Oracle® Application Express. Application Builder User’s Guide. Release 4.2. https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37097_01/doc.42/e35125/toc.htm, August 2013.
- ORACLE.COM: 2 Day + Application Express Developer’s Guide. Release 4.2. https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37097_01/install.42/e35122/toc.htm, April 2013.
- ORACLE.COM: Oracle® Application Express 101 Overview. Oracle Open World. www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/apex/overview/apex101-326750.ppt, 2010.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.