An Algebric Model for the Semantic Information Concept
National Institute for Research and Development in Informatics – ICI Bucharest
Abstract: The present paper proposes a definition for the concept of semantic information.Although it is a concept non-quantitative in the Carnap’s sense, this concept could still be defined in the Frege-Russell manner as well as for the natural number. Also, by the axioms of open topological spaces and closed topological spaces respectively (Rasiowa – Sikorski) the proposed definition could be extended for the non-extensive logics, too..
Keywords: proposition, information, equivalence, class of equivalence, topological space, boolean algebra.
- CARNAP, R.: Introduction to Semantics, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, Massachusets, 1961.
- HINTIKKA, J.: Inferenţă, informaţie şi adevăr, în Epistemologie, orientări contemporane, (trad. I. Pârvu), Editura Politică, Bucureşti, 1974, pp. 142-213.
- CARNAP, R.: Philosophical Foundations of Physics, Basic Books, Inc. Publishers, New York, London, 1966.
- LUKASIEWICZ, J.: The Equivalential Calculus, în Jan Lukasiewicz, Selected Works (ed. by L. Borkowski), North-Holland Publishing Company; PWN Warszawa, 1970, pp. 250-277.
- RASIOWA, H.; SIKORSKI, R.: The mathematics of Metamathematics, PWN Warszawa, 1963.
- BRIDGMAN, P. W.: The Logic of Modern Physiscs, The Macmillan Company, New York, 1951.
- COHEN, M.; NAGEL, E.: An Introduction to Logic and Scientific Method, Routledge & Kegan Paul LTD, London, 1972.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.