Study on the Software Product Evaluation Methods
Ion Alexandru MARINESCU
National Institute for Research and Development – ICI Bucharest
Abstract: Due to current and urgent need on the development, acquisition and use of software products and software with a high level of quality, performance, availability and ease of use, the managers of organizational entities are extremely interested in results of the evaluation of these products for decision-making knowingly. The article presents definitions, concepts and standards applicable to the evaluation of software products. The final chapter describes the types of software product evaluation methods and presents in detail the Quamoco method which offers a flexible approach for modeling and evaluation of software product quality through the provided integrated tool chain.
Keywords: software, quality, quality model, quality evaluation, evaluation method.
- AKI, L., JOKINEN, J.-P., NYLUND, J., HUURINAINEN, P., MAULA, M., KONTIO, J.: Finnish Software Product Business: Results of the National Software Industrial Survey 2006, Technical report, Centre of Expertise for Software Product Business.
- XU, L., BRINKKEMPER, S.: Concepts of Product Software: Paving the Road for Urgently Needed Research, Technical report, 2005, Institute of Information and Computing Sciences, Utrecht University, Netherland.
- OECD, Organization for Economic Co-operation, and Development: The software sector: Growth, structure and policy issues. OECD Report STI/ICCP/IE(2000)8/REV2 (2001), 2008.
- ISO 8402:1994: Quality management and assurance. Vocabulary – Managementul şi asigurarea calităţii. Vocabular.
- ISO/IEC 9126-1:2001: Software engineering. Product quality. Part 1: Quality model – SR ISO/CEI 9126-1:2005 – Inginerie software. Calitatea produsului. Partea 1: Modelul calităţii.
- BS ISO/IEC 25010: 2011: Systems and software engineering. Systems and software Quality Requirements and Evaluation (SQuaRE). System and software quality models – Sisteme şi inginerie software. Cerinţe şi evaluare ale calităţii sistemelor şi software-urilor (SQuaRE). Modele ale calităţii sistemelor şi software-urilor.
- SAATY, T. L.: Decision Making – The Analytic Hierarchy and Network Processes (AHP / ANP). Journal of Systems Science and Systems Engineering / Vol. 13, No. 1, 2004.
- FLOROIU, C.: Evaluarea produselor software. Computer Press Agora S.R.L., 1998, http://www.byte.ro/byte96-05/eva.html.
- TRENDOWICZ, A., KLÄS, M., LAMPASONA, C., MÜNCH, J., KÖRNER, C., SAFT, M.: Model-based Product Quality Evaluation with Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis. IWSM/MetriKon. 2010.
- WAGNER, S., LOCHMANN, K., HEINEMANN, L., KLAS, M., TRENDOWICZ, A., PLOSCH, R., SEIDL, A., GOEBK, A., STREIT, J.: The Quamoco Product Quality Modelling and Assessment Approach. Software Engineering in Practice, ICSE 2012, Zurich, Switzerland, 2012.
- DEISSENBOECK, F., JUERGENS, E., LOCHMANN, K., WAGNER, S.: Software quality models: Purposes, usage scenarios and requirements. WoSQ’09, 2009.
- DROMEY, R. G.: A model for software product quality. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 146–162, 1995.
- KLAS, M., LAMPASONA, C., MÜNCH, J.: Adapting Software Quality Models: Practical Challenges, Approach, and First Empirical Results. Proceedings of the 37th EUROMICRO Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA 2011), 2011.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.