Cloud Computing – A New Stage in the Development of the Internet
National Institute for Research and Development in Informatics
Abstract: Cloud Computing is a new era in Internet development and allows its users to migrate their data, e-mails, applications and so on to virtual systems which can be accessed anytime and anywhere provided there is a permanent connection to Internet. This paper presents information on Cloud Computing, its economic impact, implementation models (Private Cloud, Community Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud), examples of services (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)), advantages and disavantages of using such a system, standardization and reglementation organizations, recommendations at the level of the European Union – key actions specific to Cloud Computing.
Keyword: Internet, Cloud Computing, IaaS, Infrastructure as a Service, PaaS, Platform as a Service, SaaS, Software as a Service, applications web.
- ***: Comisia Europeană, Valorificarea cloud computingului în Europa, http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=COM:2012:0529:FIN:RO:PDF
- ***: Visions and priorities for eGovernment in Europe: Orientations for a post 2010 eGovernment Action Plan, European Commission eGovernment Sub-group, Working Paper (20 March 2009).
- ***: The European eGovernment Action Plan 2011-2015: Harnessing ICT to promote smart, sustainable & innovative Government, European Commission COM(2010)743 (15 December 2010).
- ***: Comunicat de presa Vicepreşedintele Comisiei Europene, Neelie Kroes, Bruxelles, 28 mai 2013.
- ***: Portalul de date deschise al Uniunii Europene, http://open-data.europa.eu/ro/data/
- ***: Quantitative Estimates of the Demand for Cloud Computing in Europe and the Likely Barriers to Take-up IDC (2012).
- ***: An Introduction to Cloud Computing Characteristics and Service/Deployment Models, http://cloud.dzone.com/articles/introduction-cloud-computing
- ***: National Institute of Standards and Technology, http://www.nist.gov/
- ***: GHID Securitatea în Cloud – Asociaţia Naţională pentru Securitatea Sistemelor Informatice, http://www.cert-ro.eu/files/doc/775_20131030091057011764400_X.pdf
- ***: Special Publication 800-145, National Institute of Standards and Technology, http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-145/SP800-145.pdf
- ***: Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), https://cloudsecurityalliance.org
- ***: Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), http://www.isaca.org
- ***: ISACA ROMÂNIA, http://isaca.ro
- ***: Article 29 Working Party – European Comision, http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/index_en.htm
- ***: Protecţia datelor cu caracter personal şi serviciile de tip Cloud Computing, http://www.hotnews.ro/stiri-it_telecom-14764540-protectia-datelor-caracter-personal-serviciile-tip-cloud-computing.htm
- ***: European Cloud Partnership (ECP), http://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/european-cloud-partnership
- ***: European Cloud Strategy, https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/node/10565
- ***: Rezumatul Avizului Autorităţii Europene pentru Protecţia Datelor (AEPD) referitor la Comunicarea Comisiei privind „Valorificarea cloud computingului în Europa”, https://secure.edps.europa.eu/EDPSWEB/webdav/shared/Documents/Consultation/Opinions/2013/13-09-03_Cloud_computing_ex_sum_RO.pdf
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.