Algebraic Reconstruction of Images
Using jSNARK Software Package
University “Ovidius” of Constanţa
Abstract: Research on the computerized tomography image reconstruction, started in the 50s, continued with the work of G.T. Herman and R. Gordon in the 70s. They proposed techniques for generating model images and also efficient algorithms for reconstruction. In this respect, a first version of the SNARK software package was developed. The current versions are SNARK09 and jSNARK. In the first part of this paper we describe how to use the jSNARK package to generate model images (ghosts). Image and projection data thus obtained are exported and used in the MATLAB programming environment to perform reconstruction experiments with Kaczmarz type iterative algorithms.
Key words: algebraic image reconstruction; jSNARK software package; Kaczmarz algorithm.
- DAVIDI, R.; HERMAN, G. T.; KLUKOWSKA, J.: SNARK09: a Programming System for the Reconstruction of 2D Images from 1D projections, 2012.
- HERMAN, G. T.: The Fundamentals of Computerized Tomography: Image Reconstruction from Projections, Second Edition, Springer – Verlag, London, UK, 2009.
- KACZMARZ, S.: Angenäherte auflösung von systemen linearer gleichungen. În: Bulletin International de l’Academie Polonaise des Sciences et des Lettres, vol. 53, 1937,
355 – 357.
- POPA, C.: Projection Algorithms – Classical Results and Developments. Applications to Image Reconstruction. Lambert Academic Publishing – AV Akademikerverlag Gmbh & Co. KG, Saarbrücken, Germany, 2012.
- ROWLAND, S. : jSNARK v1.0.4: a Programming System for the Reconstruction of Images from Projections.