General Strategy of On-line
Institutul de Cercetări pentru Inteligenţă Artificială „Mihai Drăgănescu” al Academiei Române
Catedra de Informatică, Universitatea Petrol-Gaze din Ploieşti
Abstract: The present article is an overview of the online cooperative learning strategies and categories practiced today within higher education learning process and it also defines a general strategy of on-line cooperative learning. The researchers Mark. A. May and Leonard W. Dobb (1937) have drafted the very first cooperative learning theory after they found that people who cooperate and work together to achieve shared goals were more effective and efficient in quantity and quality than those who were trying to achieve independently the same goals. Since then many researchers have contribute to the development of the cooperative learning theory as this theory has evolved from direct interface between people to computer assisted cooperative learning.
Keywords: cooperative learning, strategies, categories, on-line learning.
- Brown, H.; Ciuffetelli, D. C. (Eds.): Foundational methods: Understanding teaching and learning. Pearson Education, Toronto, 2009, pp. 507-508.
- Burton, L. D.: Cooperative Learning, 2004. http://www.andrews.edu/~burton/ttf/ Bible%20Method%20Courses/.
- Horton, W.; Horton, K.: E-Learning Tools and Technologies. Wiley Publishing Inc. Indianapolis, 1st edition, 2003.
- Hutchinson, D.: Teaching Practices for Effective Cooperative Learning in an Online Learning Environment (OLE). In Journal of Information Systems Education, October 2010 (http://www.allbusiness.com/technology/computing-information-technology-overview/).
- Johnson, D.; Johnson, R.; Holubec, E.: New Circles of Learning: Cooperation in the Classroom. Alexandria, VA: Association For Supervision & Curriculum Development (ASCD), 1994.
- Johnson, D. W.; Johnson, R. T.; Smith, K.: Active Learning: Cooperation in the College Classroom. Edina, MN: Interaction Book Company, 1991.
- Kagan, S.: Cooperative Learning (Paperback). Kagan Publishing, 2001.
- Marzano, R. J.: What Works in Schools: Translating Research into Action. Alexandria, VA: Association For Supervision & Curriculum Development (ASCD), 2003.
- Marzano, R. J.; Pickering, D. J.; Pollock, J. E.: Classroom Instruction That Works: Research-Based Strategies for Increasing Student Achievement. Alexandria, VA: Association For Supervision & Curriculum Development (ASCD), 2001.
- May, M.; Doob, L.: Cooperation and Competition. New York: Social Sciences Research Council, 1937.
- O’Hear, S.: E-learning 2.0 – How Web Technologies are Shaping Education, 2006. http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/e-learning_20.php
- Paulsen, M. F.: Cooperative Freedom: An Online Education Theory. In Online Education and Learning, 2003. http://www.studymentor.com/
- Sharan, S.: Cooperative Learning in Small Groups: Recent Methods and Effects on Achievement, Attitudes, and Ethnic Relations. In Review of Educational Research, 50(2), 1980, pp. 241-271.
- Sharan, Y.: Cooperative Learning for Academic and Social Gains: Valued Pedagogy, Problematic Practice. In European Journal of Education, 45(2), 2010, pp. 300-313.
- Slavin, R. E.: Student Teams and Achievement Divisions. In Journal of Research and Development in Education, 15, 1978, pp. 39-49.
- Slavin, R. E.: Student teams and peer tutoring on academic achievement and time on-task. In Journal of Experimental Education, 48, 1980, pp. 252-257.
- Slavin, R. E.: Cooperative learning: Theory, Reasearch, and Practice. Allyn and Bacon, Needham Heights, MA, 2nd edition, 1994.
- Slavin, R. E.: Education for all. Swets & Zeitlinger Publishers, Netherlands, 1996.
- Tsay, M.; Brady, M.: A Case Study of Cooperative Learning and Communication Pedagogy: Does Working in Teams Make a Difference? In Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 10(2), 2010, pp. 78-89.
- Yong, J.: Workflow-based e-learning platform. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design (CSCWD2005), Coventry, UK, 2005, pp. 1002-1008.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.